Hola a todos!
I am now in Cartagena and getting ready to begin English classes on Monday! I’m discovering that this experience in Spain is very different from when I was in Oviedo last year. I have already had to speak so much Spanish! Last night I had a headache, and I’m not sure if it was from travel and lack of sleep, or from having to think and speak in Spanish. It’s getting easier though! And everyone has been very patient and understanding, so I appreciate that a lot. And last night I slept almost 10 hours, so I think I’m back on track now!
The family I’m staying with has been so kind and welcoming! Antonio and Loisys are from Venezuela and they have two adorable children, Thiany and Sebastian. I’ve gotten to play with the kids a little and it’s funny how easy it can be to communicate with children. Kids don’t really ask questions, they just start playing with you. It’s also funny that having dance parties and listening to the Black-Eyed Peas has become an international activity. I’ve always thought music was the universal language…
I’ve been walking to the school with Loisys so we can meet the students and their families and tell them more about the English program that’s going to start on Monday! The people seem friendly and enthusiastic about it. I think it’s going to be a great way to expose people to the Lutheran Church! The lessons I’ve planned all focus on a story from the Bible, so hopefully they’ll learn English and some good stories to remember.
I’ve also learned a prayer! Instead of our “Come Lord Jesus”:
Gracias Señor por estos alimentos,
Bendícenos en el nombre de Jesús.
Amen
I’ll write more once the classes start! Hasta luego!
Un beso grande!
Hello darling Kate! How wonderful to be able to keep track of you this summer! I'm sure you will touch many lives there as you have here at home. The Lord has blessed you with many talents, not least of which is genuine love for others! We send you our love, hugs and prayers...May the Lord keep you safe and make you a bright light in your little part of Spain! Uncle Daryl and Aunt Denise
ReplyDelete